Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Smartwaiver may collect and how we may use it.
What Personal Information We Collect
- When you create a Smartwaiver Member Account, purchase a product, download a software update, or utilize Smartwaiver services, we may collect a variety of information including: your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you register for and/or participate on Smartwaiver forums, Smartwaiver may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- When you use Smartwaiver's product, we collect information about the waivers that you store in the WaiverVault, such as the name of the person signing the waiver and the date that the waiver is signed.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Smartwaiver’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out at anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Smartwaiver, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Smartwaiver’s products, services, and customer communications.
- We never use information obtained by "our product" provided by your customers for any purpose other than to index waivers for your retrieval if necessary, and ultimate deletion in accordance with the Smartwaiver Terms of Service.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where a Smartwaiver product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, then the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Smartwaiver may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Smartwaiver website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, then you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Smartwaiver may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Smartwaiver to provide products and services, or that help Smartwaiver market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Smartwaiver to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Smartwaiver may share personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Smartwaiver operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Smartwaiver to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Smartwaiver takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Smartwaiver online services use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. You must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
When you use some Smartwaiver products, services, or applications, or post on a Smartwaiver forum or chat room, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at https://www.smartwaiver.com/. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Smartwaiver is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through the regional Privacy Contact Form.
To provide location-based services on Smartwaiver products, Smartwaiver and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Smartwaiver computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Smartwaiver and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services, if applicable.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Smartwaiver websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Company-Wide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Smartwaiver employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
SW Development LLC
626 NW Arizona Ave. Suite 2
Bend, OR 97703
Last updated: April 09, 2018