Benefits of Going Paperless
In the digital age, paper documents have taken a backseat to paperless technology such as laptops, tablets, and smartphones. But for businesses that rely on liability releases to protect their organizations in case of accident or injury, paper waivers have often been deemed the norm. But paper waivers are not only costly, they're also challenging to sort, store, and reference at a later date. They can also be time-consuming to complete, increasing the time it takes your guests and staff to check-in. Fortunately, digital waivers not only make it easy to collect and store signatures but also provide a host of benefits you might not have considered. Learn five reasons to toss your paper waivers in the recycling bin in the guide below.
5 Reasons to Switch to Digital Waivers
- Organization - Gone are the days of over-stuffed filing cabinets. Digital waivers live in the cloud, where they're easy to search, sort, preview, or print whenever you need them.
- Collaboration - Unlike paper waivers that live in a single, physical location, digital smart waivers make collaboration a breeze. Staff users can view your signed waivers, create events, export data, view analytics, and create or edit waivers online, any time, from anywhere in the world.
- Security - Paper waivers can be lost, damaged, or altered, making them a liability for your organization. With Smartwaiver, your digital waivers are stored in our highly secure WaiverVault™, which uses the same encryption algorithm adopted by the US government for protecting top-secret documents.
- Eco-Friendly - Sure, paper is recyclable. But with the average office worker using over 10,000 pieces of paper each year, the numbers add up. Printers, ink, and ink cartridges also require oil to produce and contribute to unnecessary waste and the spread of ecological damage. Taking small steps to reduce your dependence on paper demonstrates your company's concern for the environment and your willingness to make a difference.
- Supply Chain Shortages - Toilet paper shortages were an unlikely side effect of the COVID-19 pandemic that many aren't soon to forget. But bathroom tissue isn't the only paper good in short supply. As the pandemic moves into its third year, illness-related downtime at mills, in addition to supply chain concerns, are placing an added burden on an already limited paper supply, increasing the costs to print waivers.
If you're considering making the switch from paper to digital, do it with Smartwaiver. As the leader in digital liability waivers, Smartwaiver eliminates the need for costly paper, printers, and filing systems, storing your documents safely in our state-of-the-art Waiver Vault. Explore our full suite of all-inclusive features, then try us absolutely free, no credit card required.