Release of liability waivers protect all sorts of businesses from potential lawsuits— from high-risk activities like skydiving to relatively harmless services like those offered at your local salon.
Digital liability waivers can take that protection even further for any industry, including personal care services. That’s why digital salon waivers offer unique benefits to both the business and the end customer.
If you own or manage a personal care business, and you have yet to implement digital salon waivers, now is the perfect time to get on board.
Salon Waivers & COVID-19
Salon waivers are not a new idea. Thousands of hair, nail, and beauty salons have adopted the practice of asking customers to sign a legal waiver prior to receiving a service. For the most part, these waivers have protected salons against liability from risks such as heat, chemical treatments, sharp objects, skin irritation, and more.
When a guest signs the legally-binding liability waiver, they are taking such inherent risks upon themselves and waiving their right to pursue legal action against the business in case of any harm. While of course, your salon will do everything you can to follow safety protocols and avoid harming guests in the first place, there’s no way to completely remove the possibility.
In recent months, and as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, salon waivers are starting to incorporate a new risk: the potential exposure to the virus. While salons and other personal care services have begun to re-open in the midst of the pandemic, staff are searching for new ways to protect themselves, their businesses, and their customers.
How Salon Waivers Can Protect Your Business
Customers are more excited than ever to have their hair and nails done at your salon, and you’re excited to serve them! However, it’s important that you don’t get too far ahead of yourself. Making sure guests sign a release of liability waiver before they can be treated is one way to protect yourself against potential lawsuits that might arise.
In the case that a customer does become ill or injured in any way, (due to an allergic reaction, an accidental injury, the spread of a virus, etc.) you don’t want that blame coming back on your salon. Thus, it’s crucial that each guest acknowledges intrinsic risks and agrees to take any liability upon themselves. Otherwise, you run the risk of a legal battle that can cost significantly both in terms of revenue and reputation.
Types of Businesses That Need Salon Waivers
As you can see, many businesses can benefit from the adoption of a liability waiver, not just those you might deem “high-risk.” Within the personal care sector, here are a few examples of businesses that could fall into that category, especially during and post-coronavirus:
- Beauty salons
- Hair salons
- Nail salons
Benefits of Smartwaiver
Whether you’re starting from scratch to create a brand new salon waiver or are transforming a traditional paper waiver into a digital version, Smartwaiver has got you covered.
- Branding and customization: Designing your waiver to match your salon branding standards is a great way to ensure a seamless user experience. By including your salon’s logo, color scheme, fonts, etc. in the creation of your digital waiver, you can use this process as a way to further enhance guest engagement.
- Organization of consumer data: Anyone who collects physical liability waivers is likely familiar with the difficulty that comes with storing, organizing, and retrieving these documents once they’ve been filed away. When every guest signs a waiver, those papers add up quickly! With Smartwaiver, your customer data is stored in an easy-to-navigate digital waiver vault, so you have any information at your fingertips when you need it.
- Strengthened security features: With Smartwaiver’s patent-pending Auto Photo Capture feature, several snapshots are taken as a user signs your digital waiver to verify their identity. This can go to further strengthen the authenticity of your waiver if there are legal concerns brought to light, keeping your business safer than ever.
- Remote signing functionality: Did you know that users can even sign your digital salon waivers ahead of time from their own smartphone or computer? Thanks to our remote signing functionality, guests can sign and be ready to go before arriving at your salon, thus removing concerns about germs and crowded areas.
- No-contact check-in on arrival: And when a guest does arrive at your salon, they can check-in from their mobile device as well! That way, customers can follow enhanced social distancing guidelines by staying outside the salon or even in their own vehicles while waiting for their appointments.
Getting Started with Salon Waivers
Getting started with Smartwaiver has never been easier. Thanks to our Waiver Editor, unlimited templates, and other digital waiver tools, you can have a tailor-made salon waiver ready in just a few minutes.
Create your Salon WaiverWe can help you transform an existing salon waiver into a high-quality, optimized digital version in no time. And even if your salon has never used liability waivers, we provide the tools to build fully-customized waivers from the ground up as well.
Try Smartwaiver for FreeSign up today for a complimentary 30-day trial— no credit card required! And once you, your team, and your guests are introduced to the Smartwaiver solutions, you’ll never want to go back to paper. Be sure to protect your guests and your salon with digital waivers.